Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Week 2 Reading Overview

Ramayana Book Decision 

The version that I have chose to use for the course work is the R.K. Narayan's version. I picked to use this copy because it is composed of only one persons writing style and I think for something that is unknown to me this will be the best option for me to be able to dive into the material. 

Comic Books 

The first comic book that I picked is "Thanjavur: City of Brihadeeswara". Then the second comic book talks about the same gods and characters but in slightly different story and that comic book is "Shiva Paravati: A Story of Divine Love". I picked these two because because they seemed to have a story line that just in the overview I was able to follow and the Story of Divine Love has a decent story line that has a little bit of action and deception within it. Then I found the Thanjavur comic and noticed that it had the same characters and also if you read together you can get a broader picture of Shiva one of the gods.

Videos 

The first video that I picked is the "Stages of Life" where is goes through the timeline of the Hindu ways of the way of life. The video goes into detail about the four ashramas of life and how they progress. It is very interesting to watch this video and see that the person goes through life to basically give it all up in the end and gives himself up to God. 

The next video is, "Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology", this video really just stuck out to me because I am a Harry Potter fan and so what better than to find something that I am familiar with and add to what I am trying to learn about. In this video it takes the Hindu myth and relates to the story line of Harry Potter to tell the story and it was really easy to follow. 


Image used from Indian Epics: Images and PDE Epics

Image depicts two of the characters from the comic books I chose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment