Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Story Book Favorites

Music Stories

The first storybook that I found and liked is called Music Stories. This caught my eye because who doesn't like music? Music is really big part of almost every persons life, it's used for all kinds of applications. From adding context to something, from a person using it tell a story, and just for personal use for relaxation. The storybook title was useful in that it was not misleading on what the actual story was about. The introduction to the story was well written and kept me engaged and interested in actually reading the rest of the storybook. The introduction does give you a really good understanding of what is to be told in the main body of the storybook without giving out all the details of the story. The design is nice and I really like the home page of the storybook. For the rest of the storybook the integration of videos to aid in the visualization of the story was a nice touch. 

Battle Between Horses

The title of this storybook really came out to me because who doesn't like horses or any animals for that case. The title didn't disappoint in that it really is a story about horses and the people that are considered the masters of horsemanship and many other talents. The introduction was good at starting the story and giving a brief outline how things came about and what was about to come in the next sections of the storybook. The thing that really grabbed me in the introduction was at the end when it started to talk about the swordsmanship (who doesn't like something with people who know how to use a sword) between the different characters in the book.  

The Epics of Food 

Well the title had instantly because all I saw was the word "food" and if anyone doesn't know me I really like my food. I have always been interested in Indian food but never really have indulged in trying it because I just don't know the culture and what to expect. The introduction was good and it kept me interested and wanting to go forth and read the rest of the story and find out about the different things that the gods have given the three different subjects to help deal with. Plus, like before who doesn't like animals and to add food and a monkey into one story well who wouldn't be interested in reading about that. The design was clean and simple; however, I think the only thing that I saw differently in this one compared to the first two is that the use of pictures and visual aides were not there like the other two that I read. So, I think this gave me a thing to make sure and look out for when it comes to writing a storybook, is to remember to add visual to try and compliment my storybook. 


Image was used from the Music Stories Story Book

No comments:

Post a Comment