Saturday, August 24, 2019

Time Strategies

The Thing We All Struggle With- Time Management

Time management is probably the number one thing that gets me every semester in making sure that I am getting everything done in a timely manner. I think the biggest thing that gets me and probably just about everyone is procrastination. I allow myself to procrastinate to the very last second when it comes to the point of I have no other option but to finally sit down and do whatever is needed to be done. I have faced this issue since being in high school and it just has followed me into my college career. I read over the article "How to Beat Procrastination" and it did give me some insight into different things to look for and be on the look out for to detect when I'm allowing myself to push things off to the back burner. I think the biggest thing with procrastination is I always find a way to make something else sound better than what I am actually suppose to be doing at that time. I think this were a little bit of psychology comes into play with cognitive dissonance, where the person takes something that they are suppose to do and find every which way not to do it by making small excuses to make something else seem better. I think to take what was talked about in the article "How to Beat Procrastination"  and blend it when the article "How Checklists Train Your Brain To Be Goal Oriented And More Productive" to make something that is effective in combating procrastination. 

Photo from Flickr

By taking the information that is given in these two articles and blending them together I think it would make a good strategy to test out and see if it works. I think to begin with is making sure to get something like a planner and using it to write down everything that needs to be done on the day that it's due and then planning it out on which day it should be started and completed. Then looking into your daily schedule and incorporating that into time blocks to give yourself something to check off and be able to see the progression of your day. I think looking at the schedule that was built for this classes is a good fit for the time that I have available this semester, I just need to take the leap and actually sit down and plan out my week and find the strength to make myself actually stick to that plan for the week and not let the little things distract me from my goal for the day and week. To help reinforce this plan, there needs to be some sort of reward that is set for the end of week if the objectives set forth for the week are met. This all sounds awesome and a good idea but now to see if after writing this post can will actually sit down and construct the master plan and follow through with it.  

Photo from Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment