Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Week 9 Reading Notes: Part A

Goddess Ganga
Source: Wolverton Mountain

For this week I have chose the video files: Mahabharata: Karmic Revolution for the reading assignment. Having the stories put into a video form has really helped me with being able to follow the story line and how things fit together. When it comes to imagining things like the stories that are told in the Mahabharata I really start to lack in my conceptualize of things.

The narrator of the videos does a really good job in the visualization of the characters while the story the is going along. The other really nice thing about the videos is that now I have a reference as to if I am saying the names correctly (I found out I was really wrong on a lot of the names).

The story that was interesting to was about Shantanu and his wife Ganga goddess of the river Ganga. The narrator does a really good job of keeping the story true to itself but also making it in a more playful manner than it was depicted in the book that we read a few weeks ago. The videos also go through and really show more of depiction of what Ganga does and gives a more in-depth picture of what she does.

The other interesting part is when we get to see how Bhishma becomes who he is as we know him throughout the book. The book doesn't really go into depth about how the characters become who they are in the present unlike the videos. I think having more of a background for each character as they go from being one person to another would have cleared a lot more things up when trying to read the book.

Bibliography: Mahabharata: Karmic Revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment