Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking back at the what has been accomplished in this semester so far in this class really amazes me and I truly never would have thought I would have made it this far. This class has really opened up the realm of what I have exposed myself to, some of this stuff I probably would have never even gave it a second look before this class. However, I have really enjoyed both books that we have read in this class so far. As far as the readings go even though I have enjoyed them I would like to see maybe a little more time in between the reading and story telling due dates. I find for a person like me that doesn't really have a creative story telling side to struggle a little in pushing to get the reading done and then having to write a story right after.

As far as the website that I have created, it is okay for what is right now. I really haven't had the chance to really go through every setting that google sites has to offer. I think the biggest issue I have is google sites not giving the owner of the site the option to change font colors for their site and just making the user have to use the preset font colors in whatever theme that they have chose to use. The blog for this class, I am really happy with how it is turning out and the layout that I have. Blogger, really has a lot of versatility in it for the user to be able to make the blog what he/she wants it to be, blogger has also made it really simple for a beginner to learn how to use the software and become comfortable with doing stuff in it.

Looking forward in the Epics of India class, there is a few things that need to be changed for me to get more out of this class and be more productive. I think the biggest issue I have is time management and it really is taking a toll on all my classes this semester. I get bogged down with all my classes and so they all take a hit when that happens. I think to better my experience in this class I really just need to sit down and write up a time schedule for all my classes and make myself stick to it no matter what happens. I feel if I can get a time that is just dedicated to this class then I can sit down and actually consume more from the readings and other things in this class. If I am able to consume more from what I'm doing in this class then I wouldn't have to rush through everything and just do enough to check the boxes and submit and move on, I would actually be able to create something that actually has some worthy content.

Source: Biodivvy
I chose the picture of the sacred groves of India to add to this post because it entices my travel bug. We have been reading all these old stories about India and the culture that has been passed down and looking at this piece of history that relates to the things we have been reading about really intrigues me to travel to India to explore the culture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment