Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Tech Tip: OUCreate

I was not familiar with what OUCreate was and I think even with spending an hour looking over it, I am still really confused. There are so many options that you use for OUCreate and so many things you can attach that you already have. I created a sub domain so I wouldn't have to pay for the name.

The first thing that I was the WordPress add on that you can do to your OUCreate site and so I dove into that. The only reason why WordPress caught my eye is because I remember it being a option for this course as a website platform. Then, when I created a WordPress account I found you can import a Blogger profile into WordPress. Now I have linked my Blogger account into WordPress; however, I have no luck on getting WordPress to actually display the material.

OUCreate seems like a good platform, but I do not see it as a good thing for beginners there is no easy step by step way of how to use the platform. When doing stuff and adding it to your domain it is confusing on where to go to view everything that you have done. I think it will just take some time to play around with the platform a little more to gain a better understanding of how it works. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tyler, just to say that you are exactly right: OUCreate is kind of overwhelming. But it gives you your own webspace, and sometimes that can be so useful. If you want to try using Twine for example to make your own "choose your own adventure" story, you need some webspace for that, which is where OU Create comes in. I did a Twine story last week just for fun! Nursery Rhyme Maze. The story is "embedded" in my Blogger blog, but the actual Twine thing is a file in my OU webspace: Twine file. There are some Tech Tips about Twine if you are curious. :-)

    ReplyDelete